Polly launches insurance enrollment integrated into car-buying experience – Insurance BusinessApril 24, 2022 By admin
Polly (formerly known as DealerPolicy), an insurance marketplace for automotive retail, has announced the launch of the first personalized insurance enrollment fully integrated within the customer’s car-buying experience.
Using Cox Automotive’s Dealer Web Integration API, Polly now provides a car-shopping experience that allows shoppers to receive instant, personalized insurance quotes during the research phase of the car-buying process. Customers can choose to purchase insurance on the spot if they know the vehicle they want, or walk into a dealership to purchase a vehicle later already aware of their potential auto insurance savings, Polly said.
On average, Polly customers who report savings said they saved $64 per month on their auto insurance. Dealers in Polly’s network reported an average increase of 44% in their back-end gross.
Read next: Nuclear verdicts here to stay in commercial auto
For most people, insurance consideration begins before their vehicle is purchased, Polly said. A survey by the company found that 72% of respondents considered the cost of auto insurance before buying a new vehicle.
“Consumers have adopted online buying practices in spades and are now accustomed to a streamlined, self-serve, transparent experience,” said Wayne Pastore, president and chief operating officer of Polly. “Integrating insurance really is a layup in the automotive retail process.”
Employers anticipate more trips to company headquarters, but work flexibility is affecting activity
"Underwriters' standards are becoming stricter than ever"
Report shows how vehicle make and model impacts premiums
Copyright © 2022 Key Media
- Insurance Auto Auctions Launches Revamped Vehicle Details Page – BodyShop Business
- Insurance Auto Auctions, LKQ capitalize on rising demand for auto salvage – Crain's Chicago Business
- Jan. 1 renewals reflect healthy but evolving market – Guy Carpenter – Insurance Business
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Promotes Louise Kidd to Country Manager, Ireland – Business Wire
- Breach Launches Crypto Shield, the Industry's First Regulated Insurance Product for Retail Crypto Investors – Yahoo Finance
- AM Best Downgrades Issuer Credit Rating of Mutual of America Life Insurance Company, Affirms Financial Strength Rating – Business Wire
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Insurance Subsidiaries of OneMain Holdings, Inc. – Business Wire
- Coalition executive: 'Technology can give you superhumans' – Insurance Business
- AM Best Downgrades Credit Ratings of Catlin Specialty Insurance Company; Places Credit Ratings Under Review With Negative Implications – Business Wire
- Farmers-Scot C. Shaffer Insurance Agency Named Bridge City Chamber Business of the Month – TheRecordLive.com
- 2022 Worldwide Embedded Insurance Business and Investment Opportunities Industry – Asia-Pacific is the Largest Market – PR Newswire
- AM Best suspends Russian activities – Business Insurance